I Can't Game Like This!
Who let this underdeveloped sh*t into my beta testing?! If someone doesn't UPDATE IT right now, hell if any of you'll ever play anything I created!
Get a Fresh Tape, Let's Do Another Take.
This is good, but it could be better. The following content requires revision and general improvements. You can help out the wiki by adding more information, sourcing unverified information, and making the content more user-friendly.
Deathloop, stylized as "DEATHLOOP", is a first-person action game developed by Arkane Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks. The game released on September 14, 2021 for the PlayStation 5 and Microsoft Windows.
Deathloop tells the story of two assassins, Colt and Julianna, who battle in an eternal cycle on the island of Blackreef. It was formally announced during a press conference at E3 2019. Additional information was revealed during the Sony press event that took place on June 12, 2020.
Deathloop transports you to the mysterious island of Blackreef, where an eternal struggle between two extraordinary assassins will determine the island's future. As Colt, you must find a way to put an end to the timeloop trapping the island in an endless cycle, all while being hunted by the island's inhabitants. Using your powerful weapons and abilities, you'll need to take out 8 key targets across the stunning, yet chaotic, island before the day resets in order break the loop once and for all. But lurking in the shadows is rival assassin Julianna whose sole mission is to take Colt out and keep the loop going. Learn from each cycle, try new paths and approaches, and break the loop.
There are two modes in Deathloop: "Break the Loop" (Colt's journey) and "Protect the Loop" (Julianna's Journey). "Protect the Loop" must be unlocked first by playing "Break the Loop".
This section is missing information. You can help out the wiki by adding information and removing this notice.
Deathloop was created by the development team of Arkane Lyon.
Pre-order Package consisted of the following items:
Deluxe Edition package consists of the following items:
- All pre-order bonuses
- "Party Crasher" skin for Colt
- "Sharp Shooter" skin for Julianna
- Two Trinkets
- Transtar Trencher (PS5 exclusive)
- .44 Karat Fourpounder (Julianna exclusive}
- Eat the Rich Tribunàl (Colt exclusive)
- Selection of original soundtracks of the game
The game has received several software updates since launch.
The following songs were featured in Deathloop's trailers:
- "Déjà Vu" is the title of the gameplay trailer 3 soundtrack released by Bethesda Softworks on February 26, 2021. Artists: Sencit (feat. FJØRA). "Déjà Vu" was also covered by the artists Madison Beer, Steve Aoki and Future. 
- "Pitch Black" was the featured song of the official launch trailer: Countdown to Freedom. "Pitch Black" was created by Sencit (Feat. Lady Blackbird).
- "Down the Rabbit Hole" was the song title of the official story trailer that released September 9, 2021. The song was created by Sencit, Samantha Howard and Haqq.
- "Inside Looking Out" is a song title by the Canadian singer Ndidi O (Ndidi Onukwulu) that can be heard in the Playstation 5 presentation trailer.
Original Game Soundtrack
A selection of the game's soundtrack was made available on Steam when the game released.
The full original game soundtrack was released on November 17, 2021. It features 59 tracks including all the trailer songs and the songs by Frank Spicer heard in-game.
Deathloop was nominated in the following categories for the 2021 Game Awards:
- Best Game Direction (won)
- Best Art Direction (won)
- Game of the Year
- Best Narrative
- Best Score and Music
- Best Audio Design
- Best Performance
- Best Action Game