Don't let his smooth voice fool you--Ramblin' Frank Spicer is as devilish as he is musically talented. Just stay on his good side, and you'll have nothing to worry about...
Frank Spicer was recruited to the AEON Program by Aleksis Dorsey after his third album was released and whilst he was embroiled in legal proceedings. He joined the AEON Program in hopes of relaunching his career and rejuvenating his voice which had been severely damaged by his last tour which involved 85 cities in 80 nights and excessive drug use. He was furious to discover that the Loop would not repair his voice.
After joining AEON, Frank was put in charge of recruitment. While Aleksis Dorsey wined and dined the AEON Backers in pursuit of draining their wallets dry, Frank's cult of personality and fans brought scores of followers who provided plenty of necessary manpower for building the infrastructure required on Blackreef. Many of his recruits also came from unsavory backgrounds like maximum security prisons, but Frank was always adamant that, regardless of background, once on Blackreef all Eternalists should be equal. This may have been informed by his own personal stint in prison.
Frank partnered with Colt to interrogate and execute possible defectors in the boathouse underneath his club in Fristad Rock, and disposed of their corpses in discreet locations on the island. He also boasts about having killed people who have wronged him in the past (see The Kartova Incident below) and feels an affinity to the song 'My Own Life' by Danny Percetti, which tells the story of a man reflecting upon all the people who he's harmed over the course of his life.
Unlike the other Visionaries, Frank refused to have a Slab made for him by Wenjie Evans. He then asked Charlie Montague to create ClassPasses for his club, so that Slabs couldn't be used around him.
Frank has a fondness and admiration for Colt Vahn, viewing him as more than just a hired gun unlike some of his fellow Visionaries. The floating messages Colt sees as well as lyrics Frank recites on broadcast in the morning strongly imply a sexual and/or romantic relationship between the two. He arranged for Colt to have a luxury apartment in Updaam, believing that it was more befitting of Colt's station than the former's bunker on the beach. Sometime before First Day, Frank attempted to set up fireworks, but failed, resulting in Colt fixing them for him. He views Colt's decision to break the Loop as a deep betrayal of their relationship.
Frank hosts a radio show on Blackreef every morning from the recording booth in the Ramblin' Rock Club in Fristad Rock. He spends every First Day attempting to record a new song but is never successful and he becomes progressively more antagonized with every failure. If he survives the Morning, he hosts a concert in the Evening which includes a magnificent fireworks display. Unfortunately for Frank, he does not understand all the specifics of how the fireworks display operates and is vulnerable to sabotage.
The Kartova Incident
The following is based on Frank Spicer's description of the incident.
During a gig at the Grand Hotel in Kartova, a man approached Frank and told him that he would "kill [him] right now, but [his] sister loved 'Pleasure Time'", a song of Frank's. Frank then tells him that he had 'pleasure time' with his sister last night, and then promptly leaves. Frank then states that this would have been the end of their interaction, had he not come across his piano player, Bibby, in the hotel bathroom five minutes later, badly beaten. Frank then accosted him in the parking lot, and shot him in the head six times, stating that him and his piano player 'are one.'
Like most of the other Visionaries, Frank enjoys the spotlight, reasoning that he could not get to where he was without having some certain need for attention.
He also has a short temper which comes out when things don't go his way. Frank has some violent tendencies, shown by him bragging about killing a man at Kartova and his violence possibly caused his prison time.
The following is a list of known songs by Frank Spicer:
- Lady S - heard in Fristad Rock during the Morning
- Ode to Somewhere - heard in Fristad Rock during the Morning
- You Have No Class - heard in Fristad Rock during the Morning
- The Revenant - heard in Fristad Rock during the Morning
- Pleasure Time
Many of these songs are featured on Frank's Morning radio show, 'Ramblin' Frank's Matinee'.
Related achievements and trophies
- Frank (like Dr. Wenjie) does not carry a unique slab, instead carrying a unique weapon: The Constancy Automatic.
- Frank is bisexual, speaking about both men and women he has loved before.
- Ramblin' Frank's Matinee - Recruit to AEON story
- DEATHLOOP - Getting to Know the Visionaries: "There are legends, and then there’s Frank Spicer. He’s a complicated crooner chock full of superlatives: the best, the most, the only. Back on the mainland, his career was ruined. Now he’s using Blackreef and AEON to launch the greatest comeback ever. He’s terrified of anyone jeopardizing his shot back in the limelight, with the security measures to prove it.'"'
- Opinions are like Assholes
- Broken Record
- LIVE at Stony Bar
- Ramblin Frank's Matinee - prison story
- Real Estate
- RF Report: Coastal Disposal
- Frank Originals, Part II
- The Sixty-Second Minute: Frank Spicer
- Opportunity Knocked
- More Than a Gun
- Welcome to the Program
- Fishing for Fireworks
- Ramblin' Frank's Matinee - Reference to Colt
- Broken Record, Failed Hit, Last Take
- The Ballad of Ramblin' Frank
- Ramblin Frank's Matinee - Kartova Incident story
- 'Ramblin' Frank Spicer
- Fia in Full, Part II
- Anecdote about "The Kartova Incident"
|Visionaries||Aleksis Dorsey - Charlie Montague - Colt Vahn - Egor Serling - Fia Zborowska - Frank Spicer - Harriet Morse - Julianna Blake - Wenjie Evans|
|Eternalists||Amador Jack - Anatoly - Andrei the Cannonman - Angry Eternalist - Betty - Man Behind Glass - Otto Blacksmith - Pick Rexly - Vanya|
|Spies||Beetlequeen - Redfowl - Starbird|
|Operation Horizon||Lila Blake|